Saturday, November 14, 2009

What type of test will show non-narcotic psych drugs?

Last year, my boyfriend's 6yr. old jumped on the bed my infant son was laying on and broke his leg. As a result, I have been in a cutody battle for my son for the past year. We have done everything the courts asked, to no avail. We have been urine tested as well as hair tested for narcotics. Now, we have been ordered to take a second urine test under the pretense that the court wishes to see that I am taking my prescibed anxiety medication Lexapro. This seems unthought out-I always take it, yet it did'nt show up in the earlier urine test, so why would it NOW? I did NOT go for this test(could not afford it anyway)-I am looking for a test that WILL show it-any and all suggestions are welcome. I am desperate and broke after a year of fighting-and am now drawing disability.



What type of test will show non-narcotic psych drugs?

It would probably be a blood test. I get checked for lithium, and I saw on the info sheet that they can check for depakote. My psychiatrist told me they can get levels for prozac too, mostly to check if a patient is taking the med, so lexapro should show up in a blood test too, imo. You could call up the doc and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment