Thursday, November 12, 2009

Suboxen......drug test?

Can anyone tell me if the drug Suboxen will show up in a hair drug test.



Suboxen......drug test?

There's a chance it might. Suboxone's main active ingredient, bupenrephonine does not show up under NIDA 5 or NIDA 10 drug tests at all. It needs to be tested for specifically (meaning random drug tests, pre-employment tests, anything like that, they won't test for it.) Suboxone also contains naloxone, which is just there to prevent people from shooting it up. Very little of it is actually absorbed thru the bloodstream if your taking your tablets correctly (sublingually/under the tongue.)



If your on a high dose of suboxones (My guess would be AT LEAST 24mg daily, possibly even more) then it is possible to test positive for opiates, because enough of the naloxone is absorbed. This is for urine tests though. I have no idea about hair tests, although I would assume it probably doesn't test positive, there is a chance it might.



How long have you been on suboxones for? For the most part, it's only prescribed for opiate addiction, so I'm guessing you are or were an opiate addict. If this is the case, you need to be more worried about the last time you used opiates, because hair tests can detect drugs used up to a year ago.



Also, most sources say that suboxone does not show up on a urine test. I know from personal experience that if you take enough, it will show up as a positive for opiates. (I'm drug tested weekly at my suboxone clinic and I failed the drug test when I had been clean for 6+ months, because I was taking a higher then normal dose of suboxone)



Suboxen......drug test?

Don't know about hair tests, but I was kicked out of rehab for taking suboxne. They tested me specifically for suboxne (not opiates) and I was positive. Being that it wasn't prescribed to me, I was discharged.



I would imagine that a hair test could show anything as long as they specifically test for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment