Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What is this about??? Does it mean I didn't get the job or what?

Alright, I've recently applied for this GREAT job and they called me back for testing. I completed and PASSED all the tests they threw at me. Math test, Reading test, Teamwork Test, Safety test, physical agility test, and the last round was like a 10 minute interview. Somehow they lost my application and I had to fill out another one before they interviewed me. There were about 10 of us left after the testing process out of 23. A few people in there had DUI's, but I'm still on probation for petty theft, which I enclosed on my first application that they lost.



I noticed after the interviewing process, they were asking that some people go straight to the lab for the physical, and the hair follicle drug test, which is something else I'm stressed out about quite frankly. Didn't expect that one and it's been 2 months since I've smoked. The lady asked me if I had any misdemeanors and I said yes, I'm still on probation, she's like "Hmmm..." then left to get my app approved by her manager...



What is this about??? Does it mean I didn't get the job or what?

If you are one of the top candidates, why would they place you days, or even weeks, behind your peers by waiting for you to receive and respond to a letter? The only practical purpose of a letter, if one is ever sent, is to put you off.



If she is the decision maker and was using her boss as a cover, the promise of a letter eliminates inquiries from you. If she is not the decision maker, it is a prearranged response to end the screening process. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment