Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is the science of hair drug testing?

I'm not a scientist, but from the research I've done online I found that since substances stay in your hair shaft for long periods of time, depending on the length of your hair.



I've also read that they can find substances you might have been exposed to up to 10 years ago!



I've noticed some companies list they do drug testing on hair, which is just rude, since what you did years ago has no bearing on what you do now.



What is the science of hair drug testing?

The substances that you consume are present in trace amounts in yor hair for a very long time after the incident.



The keratin in the hair is dissolved and Radio Immuno Assay is carried out to determine presence of drugs in the hair sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment